Friday, January 25, 2013

Reflection (21/1/13-25/1/13)


 This week, we utilised acronyms in helping us to write better analysis for poems. While working on them, I realise that were other factors to consider in analysing a piece of poetry as well such as rhyme, audience and speaker. 

However, I found it hard to remember these acronyms unless they are short. Hence, I believe S.M.I.L.E. ( structure, meaning, imagery, language, evidence) was the most memorable and effective acronym as each alphabet covers a range of things that needs to be considered. 

Our literature circles had been great so far with members trying to come up with new ways to spice up our meetings. This week, Victoria made a jumbled up piece synopsis cut out of paper and we had to rearrange it. We also had fun using Zondle for our vocabulary.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you that S.M.L.E. is indeed easy to remember. Likewise, the acronyms also helped me realize that there are other things that we should take into consideration when we are analyzing a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it is memorable, I'm not sure how helpful SMILE will be to me when analysing a poem. I feel that a longer acronym might be more effective for me. To each their own, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that SMILE is an easy acronym to remember. However, I believe those created by ourselves will be more useful to us as we have put humor into them and included all of the areas we believe need to be looked at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool. Perhaps, our group should be more creative too. I'll suggest it to them and I'm sure everyone will be open with the idea. And the issue concerning shorter acronyms being easier to remember, I totally agree with that, however, there's so much that we need to add, and it's rather hard to make it that short (for me at least). There's tons of alternatives to remember longer acronyms though, making it a song following a nursery rhyme is one of the alternatives :)

    ReplyDelete